Fall is descending here in central Indiana and this desert rat is looooving the colors and the weather! It seems like things have been hopping, so here are a few highlights:
1) Travel to Lake Tahoe...for work! In the midst of meetings, I hiked, golfed (yep! There were even a few times the club made contact with the ball.) and even ran...somehow the air is a bit different at 8,000 feet elevation vs 1000 feet my poor lungs are used to! It was gorgeous there and is on my list of places to re-visit.
2) Travel to Missouri and a stop at the original Bass Pro Shop store. Made me wish I was in Mexico with Nina & Papa....
3) Travel to Michigan where fall is in full swing which means apple harvest. Not just any apples are grown up there---my very favorite: Honeycrisp. If you've not had a Honeycrisp apple, I highly recommend them. They are deliciously sweet, extremely crispy, so juicy, and HUGE. YUM!
4) Turkeys. Need I say more?
5) Judges 10:1 There is a man in the Bible named Dodo. Look it up if you don't believe me....
6) Cochise: alllll the fam, a jaunt in the Stronghold, Nina's chili rellenos, picking chilis to bring to Indiana, church and getting to hear Papa preach, catching up with my church friends, helping Katie get ready for the fair (seriously induced nostalgia!), Mom & Dad's beautiful new house, and so many more things about being home that I can't even capture them all here!
7) A stop on campus to see a couple of good friends and an slumber party with my Katy & Anna in Buckye....so, so fun:)
8) Moving does not really fall on the highlight list, but since I just signed the lease for an apartment this afternoon and got keys to my new crib, I am excited to decorate it and make it my own. Not that I'm begging or anything, but I have loooots of room in my new apartment so please feel free to visit! Pleeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeee;)